LAVASA : PERFECT WEEKEND TRIP

So after almost 4 months of busy schedule, I finally decided to gift myself with a short holiday trip. College was over and exams are coming, so this was the best time for me to take a short break from routine. This time, I went to Lavasa with my parents.

LAVASA CITY FROM NATURE TRAILS BY "EKAANT"

Lavasa is a planned city which is still under construction near Pune. It is stylistically based on the Italian town Portofino. 

In 2010, The Indian Environment and Forests Ministry ordered a cease on construction, as this project violated environmental laws; but in late 2011, the cease was cancelled. The area that is marked as Lavasa City is the 'Mulshy Valley' of the Western Ghats. (Source: Wikipedia)

So, the journey started. We boarded the "Thane-Pune-Thane Shivneri Bus" of MSRTC. To be honest, I was happy, not because I was visiting Lavasa for the first time, but because I was travelling to Pune. There are only 2 locations which suit the phrase "सफर खुबसुरत है मंजिल से भी". First is evergreen Konkan, and other is Pune. I've travelled to Pune via road and train route as well. I must admit that rail route is much more beautiful than the road route, but yet, road route is strong enough to give you fake vibes of being a traveler for life. Once you enter Lonavla, every single thing around you starts looking beautiful. I must give you a friendly advice here, that if you're traveling to Pune by road, make sure you get a window seat on the Left side of your vehicle. Because all the scenic views are on the left side of the road when you're going to Pune; on the right hand side, there are just vehicles which are eventually overtaking you one by one. Trust me, if you're lucky enough to get a seat on the left side, and you put on your playlist on the go, no one can stop you from feeling like "Ranbir Kapoor in song Ilahi" from YJHD. Let me mention this, this feeling is even stronger when you're traveling by train in a window seat.

BEST PITHLA BHAKRI
We reached Pune late in the evening. Hence, we stayed at our aunt's place and on the following day, we reached Lavasa at 8 AM. We took the route from Hinjewadi to Lavasa which is actually a shortcut but not used frequently. Route to Lavasa is basically a ghat. You cross 1 or 2 mountains, and you're there. People usually go to Lavasa via Chandani Chowk. On the way to Lavasa, around 2 to 3 kilometers prior to the main gate, there's a small hotel(Hotel Atharva), more like a Dhaba, which serves the best food. It's highly recommended if you're planning for a snack break. There, I had the most tasty dish of "Pithla Bhakri" (Traditional Maharasthtrian Food), Tea, Kandabhaji, Misal Pav, even Chicken! And everything was so tasty, that I was literally licking my fingers.
Best Misal Pav


There are many small lodges and hotels next to the waterfront. Since the city is still under construction, only 2 out of 5 planned cities are ready. So, there's no such sight seeing. To enter the Lavasa city, or we can say to get to waterfront, there are ticket charges. Rs.500/- per car. The place is best to spend some quality time, hanging out with friends etc. The waterfront (known as Waterfront Shaw) is created by blocking the flow of water from Varasgaon Dam, which is near Lavasa city. There are 2 sides at the waterfront, one is the bridge, and other is the commercial area, where all hotels and a beautiful sidewalk is built. The ambience at the sidewalk gives you positive vibes. Sadly, I missed sunset, but yet, the after hour was pleasing. There are many hotels and cafe's on the sidewalk, a small amphitheater, and there are water sports as well (I only saw boating). One can spend a perfect evening here with their loved ones.

Waterfront Shaw from Bridge
Near the main gate of Lavasa, there's one resort called "Ekaant Retreat" which has developed a small nature trail. Earlier it was said to be very beautiful but half of its part is damaged because of landslide. So, now it is not as good as it used to be. It is still good if you want to breathe some fresh air, and have a good 45 minutes walk in a small jungle. Nature never disappoints you.



In this trip, I had a new experience of birding (bird watching). It's not actually new for me, I have done it with my school friends long ago; but this time I saw a few new birds and I was actually able to capture them with my camera. I was madly clicking picture of every new bird I say, without even knowing its identity. One school friend (Akhilesh Tambe) helped me out with their names. You should check out his Instagram account, he's a wildlife freak. (@akhileshtambe).

Pied Bushchat Juvenile
I wish I could get a better picture.

Brahminy Starling
Indian Robin Female
Look closely, she has her food in her beak.


Red Whiskered Bulbul
I had a good shot at it, but idk
what happened.
Purple Sunbird Male
This bird is super active.
I found it really hard to capture him. 










     











So, this was how I spent my post-college pre-exam weekend with my parents at Lavasa. I did not expect this trip to be so good and refreshing.



Height above sea level : 2070 ft above sea level.
Recommended season : Rainy (July mid week)

Travel Tip : Please carry your own garbage bag anywhere you go, do not pollute the nature with plastic bottles and other things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PEB FORT (VIKATGAD)

सांधण दरी (सांधण व्हॅली)

GHODBUNDER FORT